JioFi is a popular portable Wi-Fi hotspot device that provides high-speed internet access on the go provided by the JIO comapany. The device comes with a unique network name, SSID, which can be changed according to the user’s preference. In this article, we will guide you on changing the JioFi network name (SSID) in a few simple steps.
Why Change JioFi Network Name (SSID)?
There can be several reasons for changing the JioFi network name (SSID), such as:
- To personalize the device and make it easier to identify
- To avoid confusion with other nearby Wi-Fi networks
- To increase security by hiding the network name from unauthorized users
Before you start the process of changing the JioFi network name (SSID), make sure that you have the following:
- A JioFi device
- A computer or a smartphone with an active internet connection
- The device should be charged and turned on
- The device should be connected to a computer or smartphone
Steps to Change JioFi Network Name (SSID)
Follow these simple steps to change the JioFi network name (SSID):
- Connect your computer or smartphone to the JioFi device.
- Open a web browser and type http://jiofi.local.html in the address bar.
- Enter the login credentials (username and password). The default username and password can be found on the back of the JioFi device.
- Navigate to the Wi-Fi Configuration section.
- Change the network name (SSID) to your desired name.
- Save the changes and log out of the JioFi portal.
Changing the JioFi network name (SSID) is a very easy process that can be completed in a few minutes. It can personalize the device, avoid confusion with nearby Wi-Fi networks, and increase security. Make sure to follow the steps mentioned above carefully to successfully change the JioFi network name (SSID).
You may also like: Factory Reset JioFi Step by Step 2023